Bright Smiles & Happy Hearts Projects
Three main obstacles of providing cleft care are funding, medical capacity, and logistical issues. Today we seek your support to bring together bright minds and compassionate hearts to contribute to the world-class care that Operation Smile provides to patients with the following programs:
- Comprehensive Cleft Care with CMU Cranial-facial Center, Chiang Mai – Funding 5,000,000 Baht / year
The goal of this program is create a platform which cleft patients can get care from pre-birth to adulthood by creating a network of medical professionals, leveraging their skill sets with education, and a cloud based medical database for patients in order to provide better care with task and information sharing.
- 1st year - Create network of professionals and cloud-based database
- 2nd year - Trainings and Conferences of healthcare professionals
- 3rd year - Track, measure and assess to improve
- 4th & 5th year - implement in all 5 regions of Thailand
- 1200 Smile Campaign covering all 5 Regions of Thailand – Funding 25,000,000 Baht / year
In addition to providing cleft care through surgeries with our medical missions, this program will also include post-operative programs such as speech camps and dental care.
- Sustainability through Education And Training – Funding: 3,000,000 Baht / year
We provide education and training opportunities for our medical volunteers and employees alike.
- Life Support Training by American Heart Association (AHA) in Thailand
- Medical Conferences and medical fellowship programs abroad
- Medical Equipment and Supplies - Funding: 5,000,000 Baht / year
In order to ensure that our patients receive the best care, we need up-to-date medical equipment.
- Patient Information Programs and Apps- Funding: 2,000,000 Baht / year
We seek your technological expertise and skills to create programs and applications to help the parents understand the deformity and how to care for their child.
- Pre and post birth information and support for the parents (nutrition, feeding, etc.)
- Speech Training apps for health care workers for patients with speech
Total Funding: 40,000,000 annually
We look forward to your partnership in our cooperative efforts to help change lives of children in our communities.